There has never been a more exciting time to join our team!
bioLytical is growing and we are currently looking for experienced Maintenance Technicians to fill full-time days and sunrise shifts (overnight), as needed, at our facility in Richmond.
As part of the Engineering and Facilities team, our Maintenance Technician will embody bioLytical’s core values and contribute to the success of our operations by applying their experience and training to maintain and repair semi-automated equipment and automated assembly & packaging systems. This position demands precision with complete attention to detail and requires the understanding of all Manufacturing & Quality Assurance practices. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player who can multi-task and manage priorities to ensure tight deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment.
If you thrive on making an impact, are solution focused and looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Maintain and repair supply systems, semi-automated equipment, and automated robotic PLC controlled assembly & packaging systems, including pneumatic, electrical, electronic, and robotic maintenance of all machine and product lines following cGMP.
- Validate the processes, control systems, automated equipment, and PLC following GMP principles.
- Interact with machine operators on a daily basis to ensure optimum machine performance; troubleshooting activities related to machine downtimes with timely results.
- Conduct fault diagnosis and reprogramming of automation and PLC controls systems (i.e. Allen-Bradley, Schneider, Eaton, Magelis and Allen-Bradley Panelview; familiar with Cognex cameras.
- Perform light fabrication
- Deliver detailed engineering design activities as functional and economically viable solutions
- Interact with suppliers, source new equipment and train personnel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Mechatronics & Robotics or Automation Technology.
- Minimum two years of experience in machine maintenance, small part, high speed PLC controlled electro-pneumatic automated assembly & packaging systems.
- Previous experience working with automated production line following cGMP in the Medical Device, Biotech or Pharmaceutical industries will be given priority.
- Strong mechanical experience on troubleshooting and repair.
- Proven validation experience and understanding of cGMP procedures (including Engineering Change Control) is essential.
- Trained in WHMIS is an asset.
- Trained in Lean Sigma principles is an asset.
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. is a privately-owned Canadian company focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid in vitro medical diagnostics using its proprietary INSTI® technology platform. bioLytical has won several local and industry awards. We have been featured on BC’s Fastest Growing Companies four years in a row including the Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companies list in 2020. We were named BC Exporter of the Year in 2019 and have been named Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage Med Tech Company of the Year. In 2020, bioLytical moved to a significantly larger, state-of-the-art facility in Richmond to accommodate the extraordinary growth achieved through our team.
- INNOVATION in what we do, how we do it and how we think: Contributes new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes the initiative on projects.
- NEVER SAY NEVER: Stays engaged until the goal is reached or project is completed. Overcomes barriers. Cares so much about the task at hand that the impossible is made possible.
- SENSATIONAL to our clients, to our partners, to each other: Spirited team player, who adapts to new situations quickly and is beyond reliable.
- TAKES OWNERSHIP of goals, decisions, actions, and results: Arrives on time and prepared, leads by example, follows through on commitments.
- INSPIRED to excel: Demonstrates a passion for INSTI, our people and our projects. Is not complacent, shares knowledge freely, exhibits awareness of self, their surroundings, and the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.
#maintenancetechnician #manufacturingtechnician #preventativemaintenance #mechatronic #electrical #mechanical #engineering #automation #automationtechnician #manufacturing